I didn’t lose a bet, but have turned over control of the column to our buddy Eagle One for the week. Why not, he almost understands the English language and his spelling is slightly better than my nine-year old’s. I proofread this before posting it just to make sure that my good friend didn’t offend anyone other than me. It’s not half bad, which means it’s a little better than half good. Enjoy, as much as you can at least ….
Rich’s Record: 20-12 (last week, 10-6)
Matt’s Record: 21-11 (last week, 10-6)
Eagle One here with a Gentleman Jack in one hand and my week 3 picks in the other – but first I digress…
It may seem to the untrained eye that Rich and I do not differ too much on our picks. Some may think that we sit down together and reason out what our picks will be. HECK NO!!! You see, I have a very high IQ, while Rich’s intelligence rates on the same level as a chimpanzee. He couldn’t pick his nose without an instruction manual. I think logically about my picks while Rich asks his wife what team colors she likes better. It’s just coincidence that our picks are very close.
Last week was tough. Teams that looked good in week 1 were lousy (yes Patriots, I am talking about you). Parity is abound in the NFL and it is showing it’s lovely head early in the season. You’ll notice that I don’t guess on what the final score will be…it’s because I don’t care. A win is a win, whether it’s by 1 point or 100 points.
- NY Giants at Carolina – Panthers D made Drew Brees look bad, and he is way better than Eli Manning. Combine that with Cam Freaking Newton and I’m taking the Panthers at home.
Matt’s pick: Panthers
Rich’s pick: Giants
- St. Louis vs Chicago – If I was J’Marcus Webb, Chicago’s starting left tackle, I would become a turnstile on the first pass play and let Jay Cutler get his head torn off. That guy is a bonehead. He’s a mediocre QB on a good day. I think the Rams go on the road and score the upset.
Matt’s pick: Rams
Rich’s pick: Bears
- Buffalo at Cleveland – The Who Cares Bowl. Buffalo just happens to have more “weapons” (man I am using that term loosely).
Matt’s pick: Buffalo
Rich’s pick: Buffalo
- Tampa Bay at Dallas – Dallas is one of those teams that looks good one week, then looks bad the next week. It’s their turn to look good.
Matt’s pick: Cowboys
Rich’s pick: Cowboys
- NY Jets vs Miami – UUGH. As much as I want Miami to win, I think they stink.
Matt’s pick: Jets
Rich’s pick: Jets
- San Fransisco at Minnesota – San Fran looks good early. Should be able to go on the road and stifle AP the the Vikings.
Matt’s pick: 49ers.
Rich’s pick: 49ers
- Kansas City at New Orleans – Just no stinkin’ way that the Saints start 0-3.
My pick: Saints
Rich’s pick: Saints
- Cincinnati at Washington – I am quickly becoming an RGIII believer and I’m chasing the bandwagon!
Matt’s pick: Skins
Rich’s pick: Cincinnati
- Detroit at Tennessee – Megatron goes 14/187 and 2 scores.
Matt’s pick: Lions
Rich’s Pick: Lions
- Jacksonville at Indianapolis – I think this one becomes a shootout because both defenses are weak. Luck leads a game winning drive late.
Matt’s pick: Indy
Rich’s pick: Jaguars
- Philadelphia at Arizona – I loathe the Eagles. Zona played the Pats tough defensively. Mike Vick gets hurt and Zona pulls the home upset of the self proclaimed “dynasty.”
Matt’s pick: Arizona
Rich’s pick: Arizona
- Atlanta at San Diego – Atlanta jumped to a big lead against Denver. They almost lost it. Now they have a short week and go across country. Smells like a loss to me.
Matt’s pick: Chargers
Rich’s Pick: Chargers
- Houston at Denver – No way Peyton has a game like he did on Monday. He forced the ball too much and that won’t happen two weeks in a row. Time for Houston to return to the real world.
Matt’s pick: Denver
Rich’s pick: Texans
- Pittsburgh at Oakland – The Raiders lost to Miami. That’s bad.
Matt’s pick: Steelers
Rich’s pick: Steelers
- New England at Baltimore – Defensive battle. Neither offense gets going and Gostkowski gets redemption. I will pick the score of this one. Pats 16-13.
Matt’s pick: Pats
Rich’s pick: Ravens
- Green Bay at Seattle – Aaron Rogers will do the “Discount Double Check” dance many, many times.
My pick: Packers
Rich’s pick: Packers
Now I have a real job so do not expect this every week from me people. I do intend to grace you with my fabulous presence a few times during the season, but I will keep you guessing as to when so you will enjoy it more when it comes.
The views and opinions in the Enterprise blogs are those of the author and are not neccessarily shared by Falmouth Publishing.