Well, our boy Eagle One should leave the writing to the professionals. I give him the steering wheel for one week and he has his worst showing of the year, posting a 4-12 record. That’s not coughing up his one game lead, that’s gagging (editor’s note: Matt attributed his poor showing to the scab referees).
Now that the real refs are back, now we can go back to complaining about them. That will be fun. Actually, for one week at least, they’ll be the most appreciated group in America. Good for the zebras.
With kickoff of a game that no one cares about just moments away, let’s get into it.
Rich’s Record: 30-18, .625% (last week, 10-6)
Matt’s Record: 25-23, .521% (last week, 4-12)
- Cleveland at Baltimore: The Ravens fans have barely had time to wash their mouths out with soap and already they’re back at it tonight with the Browns coming to town. We don’t have to get into too much detail here, the Ravens may be the best team in the AFC, the Browns may not be the best team in Cleveland.
Rich’s Pick: Baltimore
Matt’s Pick: Baltimore
- Carolina at Atlanta: Watching Matt Ryan play quarterback is a lot like watching Rajon Rondo run the point, things are fast and the ball is moving all over the place, and good things happen. Matty Ice will drop plenty of dimes on the Panthers, who are just not very good. Super-Cam needs exposure to the yellow sun, or something else nerdy.
Rich’s Pick: Atlanta
Matt’s Pick: Atlanta
- New England at Buffalo: Will Bill Belichick hug the refs? Will he remember that he’s got the best tight end in the league as a weapon? Will the Pats rebound from a — gasp — two-game losing streak. Yes to all those questions.
Rich’s Pick: New England
Matt’s Pick: New England
- Minnesota at Detroit: The Vikings are sneaky good, no really, they are. Granted they were at home, but they found a way to silence the mighty 49ers last week. I’m feeling a let-down game here, and expect a big game from Megatron if Stafford plays. I think he will, and the Lions earn a win.
Rich’s Pick: Detroit
Matt’s Pick: Detroit
San Diego at Kansas City: Norv Turner is still Norv Turner, right? The Chargers are due for an off day, and the Chiefs play well at Arrowhead and also are officially frisky.
Rich’s Pick: Kansas City
Matt’s Pick: San Diego
- Seattle at St. Louis: Don’t expect a lot of points in this one. Somehow the Seahawks are 2-1 after that abomination on Monday night. I showed my wife the game-ending play. “So what? The Packers intercepted the ball.” She then nearly lost her mind trying to figure out what the refs were thinking, and that in a nutshell is how she learned about the replacement refs. No replacement refs, and the Rams are solid at home.
Rich’s Pick: St. Louis
Matt’s Pick: Seattle
- San Francisco at NY Jets: What do you get when you combine a ticked off elite defense against the Sanchize/Tebow combo? Lots and lots of whiny calls to WFAN on Monday.
Rich’s Pick: San Fran
Matt’s Pick: San Fran
- Tennessee at Houston: Hi, my name is Rich and I own Chris Johnson in my fantasy league. At first I felt betrayed, then angry, then more angry, and now I’ve just accepted that he stinks. He’s on my bench, and I know that he’ll probably go nuts and have a great game this weekend and kill me and then make me put him back in and then he’ll go back in the tank …. Had to get that out of my system. Houston’s good, the Titans have already had their miracle, and they don’t happen in back-to-back weekends.
Rich’s Pick: Houston
Matt’s Pick: Houston
- Oakland at Denver: Peyton Manning is due for a good game, and the Raiders don’t win on the road much. It won’t be pretty, but the Broncos will succeed.
Rich’s Pick: Denver
Matt’s Pick: Denver
- Miami at Arizona: The Cardinals are one of the best teams in the NFL right now. The Mayans are laughing.
Rich’s Pick: Arizona
Matt’s Pick: Arizona
- Cincinatti at Jacksonville: I don’t know what to make of this Bengals team. They seem to be able to score, but can’t stop anyone on defense. Teams like that are poor picks when they’re on the road, and Jacksonville is nearly interesting. A win here and they’ll be worth watching out for.
Rich’s Pick: Jacksonville
Matt’s Pick: Cincy
- New Orleans at Green Bay: New Orleans defense is atrocious, really really atrocious. The Packers have a very good offense and a chip on their shoulders.
Rich’s Pick: Green Bay
Matt’s Pick: Green Bay
- Washington at Tampa Bay: Okay, I love RGIII as much as the next guy, but he’s still a rookie going on the road to play against a team that can play defense. The Bucs are better than you’re probably giving them credit for.
Rich’s Pick: Tampa Bay
Matt’s Pick: Washington
- NY Giants at Philly: I want to take the Giants, but I’ve got a pheeling about Philly. I don’t feel very confident about it, and I fully expect Namish and Aku to laugh at me about it, but give me the Iggles.
Rich’s Pick: Philadelphia
Matt’s Pick: NY Giants
- Chicago at Dallas: Da Bears are once again an elite defense, and Smokin Jay Cutler is usually pretty good in prime time. Tony Romo has had some of his worse moments at night, on a football field. Give me Chicago.
Rich’s Pick: Chicago
Matt’s Pick: Dallas
The views and opinions in the Enterprise blogs are those of the author and are not neccessarily shared by Falmouth Publishing.