Three Heroin Overdoses, One Death In Mashpee In Four-Day Span

Mashpee Fire Chief Thomas C. Rullo confirmed yesterday, August 12, that there were three heroin overdoses, one fatal, in town since Friday, August 8.

On Friday evening at approximately 10:30 PM, rescue personnel responded to the Popponesset Marketplace for a report of an unconscious 26-year-old male in the restroom near The Raw Bar restaurant.

Upon arrival, responders found a witness administering CPR, but when it became apparent the victim was suffering from a suspected heroin overdose, Narcan, a nasal spray antidote that reverses the effects of an opiate overdose, was administered. The victim was then transferred to Falmouth Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

Also on Friday, a 24-year-old man overdosed on heroin at a South Sandwich Road residence and was revived with Narcan.

On Monday, August 11, shortly after 9 PM, a 35-year-old female was found unconscious at a Route 130 address and was revived with Narcan administered by the Mashpee Fire Department.

Comments

No comments yet.
Please sign in and be the first one to comment.